COUPE DE MONTREAL CHAMPION CROWNED: LAZARE CAPTURES ROTAX MAX JUNIOR TITLE

By Russ Bond Agency

MONTREAL, QUEBEC - 12-year-old Jesse Lazare did all that was needed to get his PSL Karting CRG in a position to claim the prestigious Coupe de Montreal Rotax Max Junior Championship - but it was a nerve racking experience for the Montreal youngster.

"I slept a lot better on Saturday night than I did on Friday night, "Lazare joked after a hectic day at SRA Karting, site of the final round of the Coupe de Montreal championship.

"I knew it was going to be a tough day," Lazare said. "This is a very competitive class, and I knew it could come down to the final lap."

Lazare qualified well, but through qualifying and the prefinal, where he finished fifth, Lazare knew that his true speed was yet to be shown. "We were just a little off, first with the chassis, then the motor, but I knew that once we were a few laps into the race, I was the fastest, and then I could work my way forward."

In the final, Lazare was under the impression he needed a second place finish to clinch the championship. He made his way forward from his fifth starting slot, methodically passing other drivers once he settled into a strong pace. "My gear was so long, I knew I had to pass at the end of the straight, and then defend until I pulled away," Lazare said.

Lazare finished third, on the podium once again, but that position was indeed good enough to give him the Rotax Max Junior Championship by one point.

"My team told me after the race that I had won, I thought I needed to finish second. Of course I am really happy to win the championship for my team and my family. We all worked very hard this year and we have a good reward for our efforts."

Jesse Lazare Quick Facts:
Jesse Lazare is a 12 year old kart racer from Dollard des Ormeaux, Quebec. Lazare's meteoric rise up the karting ranks has been nothing short of amazing. In 2006, as a Cadet, he was second in the Coupe Vega. In 2007, as the youngest driver in Mini Max he was the Champion in both the Coupe Vega and Coupe de Montreal. Lazare set new records in 2008 by starting out as vice-champion in the Florida Winter Tour, then winning both Honda Jr and Mini Max in both the Coupe Vega and Coupe de Montreal. He was also Canadian National Champion in Honda Jr. Away from the track, Lazare enjoys skiing and hockey. For more information on Jesse Lazare, visit www.jesselazare.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment