Ontario Formula Ford: Stefan Rzadzinski Mosport Press Release

MOSPORT, ON - 16 year old Stefan Rzadzinski set off to Mosport for rounds 9 and 10 of the Ontario Formula Ford Challenge on August 7-9. Driving the #2 Brian Graham Racing / TLM Racing with Grote RF00 Van Diemen, Rzadzinski came home with a pair of podiums.

Kicking off the weekend, Rzadzinski qualified 4th on the grid Saturday morning. As the race commenced, Rzadzinski moved up into the 3rd position and drove consistently to hold his spot until the chequered flag.

Wet conditions greeted the Ontario Formula Ford Challenge drivers Sunday as they took to the track for qualifying. Rzadzinski embraced the challenge and put his car on pole position by 0.512 seconds, his first since making the switch to open wheel formula cars.

For the final race of the weekend, Rzadzinski had a great start and quickly slotted into 1st position. After leading the first two laps, Rzadzinski was overtaken but held with the leader until a safety car came out. Following the restart, the young Edmontonian dropped to 3rd but stayed with the leaders until the end of the race, only coming across the line 1.796 seconds behind.

“It was another learning step for me this weekend, and I really feel like I can run with the top guys here at Mosport now. On Saturday I still lacked a bit of pace to the leaders, but managed to run quick and consistently enough to hold the final podium position. However, with the advice and guidance of Brian Graham I was able to pick up and improve on Saturday’s performance.

After studying the final race, I know where the improvements in my driving need to be and I look forward to the opportunity of competing here for the final two rounds of the season. The Brian Graham Racing / TLM Racing with Grote team always provide a great car and I can’t wait to get back on track.

Now, I really have to shift my focus to find the necessary funding to complete the final racing weekend of the season. Currently, I sit on top of the Rookie Championship and 2nd overall in the Ontario Formula Ford Challenge. It would be great to finish the season strong and secure these positions!

My competition this year would not be possible without my partnerships with The ABL Group, SuperTint, AMSOIL / Synthetic Lubricants.ca, and all of my other supporters.”

On board videos of both races will be up on www.rzadracing.com in the “Videos” tab. Please see the website for all of Stefan Rzadzinski’s news, updates, and multimedia.

The next weekend is scheduled for September 18-20 for rounds 11 and 12 of the Ontario Formula Ford Challenge at Mosport International Raceway and Rzadzinski will be working to put together the necessary funding to compete.

For general or partnership inquiries regarding Stefan Rzadzinski's motorsport, please contact: stefanr@rzadracing.com 

0 comments:

Post a Comment